Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Baby Larkin with Daddy and Papaw


This story would not be complete without Papaw. Papaw was so excited when he found out we were having a baby. He always said "children keep you young." He said he would give anything to have had more grandchildren, and more he had. JM said he thought he would hang around and see what we were having...when we told him it was a boy, he was so excited. Then we told him that we were going to name him Larkin. He said, "oh, that was MY Daddy's name." He thought the sun rose and set in Larkin. When Larkin was born, Papaw said, "I think I'll hang around a couple more years." AND, hang around he did, until Larkin was 20 months old.
Our 1st stop when we left the hospital was to see Papaw. Larkin had "Casteel" written all over him, and as such, I began calling him "Little Hoot" as his Papaw was known as "Hoot." Larkin still talks about his Papaw......and misses him too.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I hope you enjoy our blog. I try to keep it updated, but we are growing and growing up so fast that it is hard to keep up with. AND, I don't want to miss a moment. I went back to college at 30, with 2 children in tow... I graduated with my Pharm.D. in 1999. I married the best husband and father in the world and my best friend in 1999. I became a Mother again in 2003 to the most wonderful little boy. I also became a grandmother 10 weeks before my son was born to twins! Yes, Grandma had a baby! Thank God for this life and all of our wonderful family!